Dalhousie Legacy Awards
2021 Legacy Awards
The 2021 Legacy Awards event was held virtually on December 14. View the playlist from the event.
Congratulations to all of the 2021 recipients!
- President's Research Excellence Awards
- Emerging Investigators
- Naiomi Metallic, Faculty, Law
- Israat Haque, Faculty, Computer Science
- Shashi Gujar, Faculty, Medicine
- Saurabh Chitnis, Faculty, Science
- Leah Cahill, Faculty, Medicine
- Jeanette Boudreau, Faculty, Medicine
- Research Impact
- Elaine Craig, Faculty, Law
- David Kelvin, Faculty, Medicine
- Mark Obrovac, Faculty, Science
- Arthur B. McDonald Chair of Research Excellence
- Mark Stradiotto (2019), Faculty, Science
- John Archibald (2020), Faculty, Medicine
- University Research Professorship (view video)
- Craig McCormick, Faculty, Medicine
- Ratika Parkash, Faculty, Medicine
- Nür Zincir-Heywood, Faculty, Computer Science
- Robert Currie, Faculty, Law
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Research Chairs
- Afua Cooper, Faculty, Arts and Social Sciences
- Kevin Plucknett, Faculty, Engineering
- Jeanna Parsons Leigh, Faculty, Health
- Mita Dasog, Faculty, Science
- DPMG Award
- COVID-19 Pandemic Award
- Craig Arthur, Environmental Health & Safety Office
- Paul Bourgeois, Faculty, Medicine
- Early Career Award
- Alexandra Fournier, Medicine, New Brunswick campus
- Career Award
- Queena Crooker-Smith, Faculty, Agriculture
- Ryan Clow, Faculty, Medicine (posthumous)
- Quenta Adams, Student Affairs
- Michelle Patrick, Bissett Student Success Centre
- Environmental Health and Safety Award
- Isabelle French, Legal Counsel Office
- Healthy Workplace Award (login required)
- Faculty, Computer Science
- Staff Award for Excellence in Service, Faculty, Agriculture -
- Marilyn Roberts, Animal Science and Aquaculture (view video)
- Dr. Allan Cohen Memorial Award for Community Service, Faculty, Medicine - Dr. Lisa Barrett
- President's Awards for the Advancement of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessiblity (view video)
- Ajay Parasram, Faculty, Arts & Social Sciences
- Anti-Racism Action Team (ARAT)
- Rosemary Gill Award
- Quenta Adams, Student Affairs
- Pamela Goodwin, Registrar's Office
- Kevin Hewitt, Faculty, Science
- Ferne Kraglund, Faculty, Dentistry
- University-Wide Teaching Awards (view video)
- Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- Denovan-Wright, Faculty, Medicine
- Contract and Limited-term Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Adria Quigley, Faculty, Health
- Lexie Arnott, Faculty, Science
- Dalhousie Alumni Association Award of Excellence for Teaching
- Catherine Craig, Faculty, Medicine
- Early Career Faculty Award of Excellence for Teaching
- Leanne Stevens, Faculty, Science
- Educational Leadership Award for Collaborative Teaching -
- First-Year Chemistry Online Development Team
- President's Graduate Student Teaching Award
- Christie Stilwell, Faculty, Health
- Ralph Redden, Faculty, Science
- Katherine Marczenko, Faculty, Science
- Sessional and Part-time Instructor Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Sue Goyette, Faculty, Arts and Social Sciences
The Dalhousie Legacy Awards recognize a number of university-wide awards, that are aligned with the university's strategic plan. The awards assist in helping Dalhousie create a culture of respect and recognition for employees at all levels.
The first annual Dalhousie Legacy Awards was held in June 2018, as part of the university's 200th anniversary celebrations. Read more.
Below is more information about each of the Legacy Awards. Note: Some of the awards listed were not recognized in 2020/2021 due to the pandemic.
The Research Awards recognize research work that is innovative and impactful on our society and the natural world.
The People Awards recognize outstanding contributions to Dalhousie University.
DMPG Award - Recognizes an employee of the Dalhousie Professional and Managerial Group (DPMG) for their exemplary contributions to the university. Learn more.
Environmental Health and Safety Award
Recognizes an individual or group who has undertaken any activity that makes Dalhousie University a safer place to live, play, work and study. Learn more.
Healthy Workplace Award - Recognizes a department that fosters healthy workplace practices and initiatives. Learn more (login required)
Staff Award for Excellence in Service -Recognizes staff members who have made exceptional contribution to supporting the Faculty of Agriculture. Learn more.
Stoker Award for Appreciation - Recognizes a Facilities Management team with significant accomplishment that exemplifies the Facilities Management values. Learn more.
Stoker Award for Innovation - Recognizes a Facilities Management team with significant accomplishment that exemplifies innovation in the way the work is done. Learn more.
Stoker Award for Safety - Recognizes a Facilities Management team or individual that has made significant contribution to workplace safety, either by action or commitment to process improvement. Learn more.
The Service Awards recognize good citizenship through personal volunteerism or by helping position Dalhousie as a good citizen in the world.
Dr. Allan Cohen Memorial Award for Community Service - Recognizes a staff or faculty member who works to fulfill the mission of the Medical School by displaying outstanding community service with health-related organizations and causes. Learn more.
Gladys Littler Award - Recognizes a staff member who exemplifies a high level of commitment, high standards of performance, and outstanding service to the Faculty of Dentistry.
President's Award for the Advancement of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility - Recognizes the outstanding efforts of a faculty or staff member in advancing equity, diversity and inclusiveness at Dahousie. Learn more.
Rosemary Gill Award - Recognizes a staff or faculty member who has provided outstanding service to students, other than teaching. Learn more.
Teaching and Learning Awards
There are nine University-wide Teaching Awards honouring faculty, instructors and graduate students annually for their contribution to maintaining and supporting Dalhousie's reputation as being a leader in higher education. Learn more.
The Teaching and Learning Awards recognize contributions to maintaining and supporting Dalhousie's reputation as being a leader in higher education.