Parking at Dal
ORDER YOUR PERMIT
In order to park legally on University property (Halifax campuses or Agricultural Campus), vehicles must either display a valid permit or use a parking meter. To qualify for a parking permit, an applicant must be a Dalhousie University employee or student with a valid Dalhousie ID.
*Note, purchase of a General Parking permit does NOT guarentee a parking spot.
A Dalhousie parking permit cannot be purchased until all unpaid Dalhousie parking tickets are paid.
- All unpaid Dalhousie University parking tickets can be paid at the Security Services Office, located at 1252 LeMarchant Street. Alternatively, you can mail a cheque to Security Services, PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2.
- Not sure if your ticket is a Dalhousie University ticket or an HRM ticket? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Order your permit online
Order your permit in-person
- Halifax campus permits are available through the Security Services office, located 1252 LeMarchant Street.
- Agricultural Campus permits are available from Security Services at the Dairy Building, 11 River Road.
Displaying your permit
Permit holders must display a valid permit at all times. Failure to display a valid permit will result in a parking ticket and the vehicle may be towed or immobilized at the owner’s expense.
Short Term and After Hours Parking
- Visiting campus for a few hours? In Halifax the most convenient place is the LeMarchant Street Pay and Display Lot. There are also pay and display meters at the end of University Avenue by the Killam Loop, on Sexton campus, and on Alumni Crescent. Daily, weekly and monthly permits are no longer available. In Truro, at the Agricultural Campus, visitors can park, free of charge, at any space identified as "visitor parking". If spaces are not available, please contact Security Services at (902) 893-4190 to arrange alternate parking.
- Evening and weekend parking: Parking is free after 4:30 in all Dalhousie parking lots including Le Marchant Pay and Display and any Dalhousie-owned parking meters. Please note, most meters on city streets near Dalhousie are owned by the city and payment is required until 6 p.m. There is one exception to this: the underground heated parking lot at the Marion McCain building is always pay and display. The evening rate is $6. Overnight parking is NOT PERMITTED on any Dalhousie parking lots. Any car found on the lots between 1:30 and 7 a.m. may be ticketed, booted or towed.