Are you as excited as we are?!
Orientation - Fall 2020
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and following the guidelines on physical distancing proposed by the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Fall 2020 Orientation programming will be moved into an online format.
This new online orientation programing should support new student transition to university and serve as an introduction to academic, community, resources, support services, and social engagement opportunities within a virtual format.
For ongoing information about Dalhousie Orientation, remember to check your Dalhousie email!
|Open Now||Start on Track – Online|
Dalhousie offers a wide range of Orientation sessions, including events planned by the following:
|August to mid-September||Together@Dal Graduate Edition|
|August 10–31||SOIL - Student Online Interactive Lounge (Agricultural Campus)|
Start on Track – Online (Halifax and Truro)
- Offered in Brightspace, Start on Track – Online allows you to work through modules on various important topics throughout the summer to prepare for your first year at Dalhousie.
Together@Dal (Halifax and Truro)
- Together@Dal is a program for new students and a great way for you to meet other students and become connected to the university community throughout the summer and into your first semester.
Dalhousie Orientation (Halifax)
- Orientation supports new students as they transition to Dalhousie and introduces them to academic, community, and social engagement opportunities as well as familiarizes students with support services and resources available on campus.
- Orientation at Dalhousie provides a safe, welcoming, alcohol-free, inclusive, and consistent orientation experience for new to Dalhousie students and their family and friends.
- Dalhousie Orientation also offers specific sessions and events offered through the International Centre, Black Student Advising Centre, Indigenous Student Centre, the Bissett Student Success Centre, and Able@Dal.
Together@Dal Graduate Edition (Halifax)
- Together@Dal Graduate Edition will share with you the resources available to you at the university, help equip you to start your degree online, and create a community of graduate student peers.
Agricultural Campus Orientation (Truro)
- Orientation at the AC is for all new students who will be studying with the Faculty of Agriculture and joining us on campus once we make the return to in person classes. This year due to COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of our students AC Orientation will be hosted online. Become familiar with the virtual campus supports, and start making lasting connections your fellow Aggies. Through fun but important programming we will help you connect with other students and learn the tools you need, to help you be successful in University and beyond.
- Many events will be hosted on SOIL, the Student Online Interactive Lounge at the Agricultural Campus (AC). This platform is for all students to the Truro campus, and it will include many fun and informative events hosted by your Dalhousie Agricultural Student Association (DASA) and the Student Success Centre team.
DSU O-Week (Halifax)
- O-Week is going to look a little different than we’re used to, but we’re dreaming BIG with our events this year. Look forward to a blend of virtual and in-person events with music, movies, games and much more! Whether you’re here in Halifax or staying at home, O-Week will show you what being part of our collaborative and engaging community is all about.
Options for International students and students requiring Accessibility Supports are also available.
If you have any questions about Orientation, please contact us at email@example.com.