Planning for arrival

Dalhousie University welcomes new and returning students to a primarily remote online learning environment for the fall semester. Full in person, on-campus courses will not resume before January 2021. 

Contact the International Centre immediately if you are planning to travel to Canada and Dalhousie University and review our Immigration Information and Updates page for immigration and COVID-19 related updates. 


All the important things you have to do before you leave home and after you arrive on campus. Make this the top of your "to-do" list.

We are excited you will be starting your new educational journey and life experiences with Dalhousie University! As we know there is a lot to prepare and plan for, here is important and helpful information to get you started on your new journey!


Our helpful tips can help answer many of your questions about Dal, from getting your bus pass to accessing campus WiFi and where to buy groceries. Make sure to check out the tips for international students.