Visiting Researcher

Visiting Research Students (VRS) are a special category of full-time undergraduate students from accredited or recognized post-secondary institutions who come to Dalhousie to further their research with a Dalhousie supervisor. 

Visiting Researcher Students do not take any courses at Dalhousie. Students who wish to take undergraduate courses at Dalhousie on a Letter of Permission should contact the Registrar's Office. These students are generally required to apply for a study permit if the visit is longer than 6 months.

Visiting Graduate Research Students should visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies site for application information.

Helpful Guides

Download this pdf guide to help you prepare for your arrival to Dalhousie.