NOTICE: Cancellation of International Learning Experiences until May 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, International Learning Experiences such as student exchange, study abroad, international field courses, co-ops, and international research are cancelled until May 2021. More details coming soon. Please visit dal.ca/coronavirus for more information.
Start planning now! Listed below are the steps you'll need to take to apply for an International Learning Experience. Please read each step carefully and do your research before booking an appointment with the Study Abroad and Exchange Advisor.
2. Considering an exchange or study abroad? Choose the departmental or university-wide stream.
The university-wide program will allow you to take courses in a variety of subject areas, and you would be taught in English (unless you elect to take a course in another language).
Departmental or faculty-based programs will allow you to take courses in one specific subject area. Courses may not be taught in English depending on the program of study.
3. Meet with an academic advisor in your department
Make sure you understand your degree structure and requirements so that you can answer the following:
- Is an exchange or study abroad best, or should you consider another International Learning Experience?
- Are there mandatory courses you can take early or that can wait until you return from abroad?
- Is it in your interest to try to save electives for when you go abroad?