About the Department of Oceanography
We are Canada's premier location for ocean research and education. Learn more about the department.
Dal Oceans News
- Dal receives $1.6M for new ocean sciences graduate-level training and research program
- Arctic Ocean more vulnerable to human-induced changes than Antarctic Ocean
- New funding for shark research in Nova Scotian waters
- The sands of time: What 30,000 years of sediment can teach us about the changing ocean
- Dal to launch Canada's first undergrad degree in Ocean Sciences
Research in the Department
Dalhousie attracts more than $100-million in research grants and awards annually. Learn more about research in the department.
Department of Oceanography News
- TOSST Workshop Helps Students Prepare for the Future of Ocean Research
- Dalhousie shows its ocean depth during Oceans Week 2013 June 3-8
- Oceanography graduate student William Burt has been awarded a Izaak Walton Killam Predoctoral Scholarship for 2013-2014
- Dal Oceanography sponsors a leatherback turtle named Riley in the CWF Great Canadian Turtle Race
- Dr. Kim Davies has been selected as Dalhousie's nominee for the CAGS/UMI Distinguished Dissertation Award for 2013