Assistant Professor of Law
PO Box 15000 Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2
- Sexual assault law
- Public commissions
- Criminal law ethics
- Constitutional law
- Feminist legal theory
- BA (Criminology) (Alberta)
- LLB (Dalhousie)
- LLM (Yale)
- JSD (Dalhousie)
Selected awards & honours
- 2010-11: Dalhousie University Doctoral Thesis Award for the Humanities
- 2009-10: Dalhousie Law Students' Society and Alumni Association Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2007: Dalhousie Student Union Award for Teaching Excellence in the Faculty of Law
- 2004: Dalhousie University Medal in Law
- Elaine Craig, “Section 276 Misconstrued: The Failure to Properly Interpret and Apply Canada’s Rape Shield Provisions” (forthcoming) (2016) Canadian Bar Review.
- Elaine Craig, “The Inhospitable Court” (forthcoming) (2016) University of Toronto Law Journal
- Elaine Craig, “The Ethical Identity of Sexual Assault Lawyers” (forthcoming) (2016) Ottawa Law Review
- Elaine Craig, “Examining the Websites of Canada’s ‘Top Sex Crime Lawyers’: The Ethical Parameters of Commercial Expression by the Criminal Defence Bar” (2015) 48:2 UBC Law Review (pg 257 – 304).
- Elaine Craig, “Personal Stare Decisis and the Decision in Mabior” (2015) 53:1 Alberta Law Review.
- Elaine Craig, “Person/s of Interest and Missing Women: Legal Abandonment in the Downtown Eastside” (2014)60:1 McGill Law Journal 1 (pg 1-42).
- Elaine Craig, “TWU Law: A Reply to Proponents of Approval” (2014) 37:2 Dalhousie Law Journal (pg 621 – 660).
- Elaine Craig, "The Ethical Obligations of Defence Counsel in Sexual Assault Cases" (2014) 51(2) Osgoode Hall Law Journal 427.
- Elaine Craig, "The Case for the Federation of Law Societies Rejecting Trinity Western University's Proposed Law Degree Program" (2013) 25(1) Canadian Journal of Women and the Law 148-170.
- Elaine Craig, Troubling Sex: Towards A Legal Theory of Sexual Integrity (Vancouver: UBC Press, 2012).
- Elaine Craig, "Sex Work By Law: Bedford's Impact on Municipal Approaches to Regulation of the Sex Trade" (2011) 16 Review of Constitutional Studies.
- Elaine Craig, "The Relevance of Delayed Disclosure To Complainant Credibility In Cases of Sexual Offence" (2011) 36(2) Queen's Law Journal 551.
- Elaine Craig, "Converging Feminist and Queer Legal Theories: Family Feuds or Family Ties?" (2010) 28 Windsor Yearbook of Access To Justice 209.
- Elaine Craig, “Section 2(b) Advertising Rights On Government Property: Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority, A New Can of Worms and the Liberty Two-Step?” (2010) 33 Dalhousie Law Journal 55
- Elaine Craig, “Ten Years After Ewanchuk The Art of Seduction is Alive and Well: An Examination of the Mistaken Belief in Consent Defence” (2009) 13 Canadian Criminal Law Review 247
- Elaine Craig, “Laws of Desire: The Political Morality of Public Sex” (2009) 54 McGill Law Journal 355
- Elaine Craig, “Re-interpreting The Criminal Regulation of Sex Work in Light of Labaye,” (2008) 1 Canadian Criminal Law Review 327
- Elaine Craig, “Trans-phobia and the Relational Production of Gender” (2007) 18:2 Hastings Women’s Law Journal 137
- Elaine Craig, “Family as Status in Doe v Canada: Constituting Family Under Section 15 of the Charter” (2007) 20 National Journal of Constitutional Law 197