Get to know the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
FASS is home to 20 majors and an incredible variety of courses. Learn about some of our faculty's recent accomplishments and endeavours in this week's Storify.
View a "Storify" collection of our social media activity.
Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences Acting Dean Jure Gantar answers our questions in this video interview.
Five things you didn't know about the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Dalhousie’s Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, often known as “FASS,” is one of the oldest and largest faculties on campus. With more than 35 flexible programs and hundreds of courses in the arts, humanities and social sciences from which to choose, FASS has something for everyone – even offering electives and minors to students from other faculties.
Here are some things you might not know:
- The McCain Building was designed to resemble a collection of individual houses
- Wilson the Boar ‘lives on’ in the Fountain School of Performing Arts
- We have “jazzy” faculty members
- We offer a wide array of language options
- Our student societies support local and international charities