Today@Dal» Go to news main
Upcoming blood clinic on campus: October 3‑5,
Dalhousie Blood Donation Clinic
Student Union Building - McInnes Room
6136 University Ave, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Oct. 3rd: 12:00 - 3:00, 5:00 - 8:00
Oct. 4th: 12:00 - 3:00, 5:00 - 8:00
Oct. 5th: 10:00 - 2:00
To make an appointment:
Call 1-888-2DONATE, visit www.blood.ca or download the “Give Blood” App available on iTunes or Google Play. Make sure to select Dalhousie University Student Union Building as your appointment location.
For more information regarding eligibility, please visit www.blood.ca or call 1-888-2DONATE
Before you donate:
· Get a good night's sleep the day before your donation.
· Make sure you have eaten something before arriving; iron-rich foods are an excellent choice. Avoid fatty foods.
· Stay well hydrated: start drinking 1-2 litres of water in the days before your donation and at least 1 litre the day of your donation.
· Ensure you are feeling well the day you donate.
· Bring your Blood Donor Card or government-issued photo ID.
After you donate:
· Drink plenty of water to restore your blood volume.
· Avoid strenuous activity for 6-8 hours and heavy lifting 24 hours after your donation.
· Remember to claim your complimentary post-donation snacks!
- Locating accessible and all‑gender washrooms at Dalhousie
- 2024 Employee Transit Program (EPass/XPass)
- The Dal Bookstore Yard Sale is getting an Encore!
- Teaching and learning grants
- Job postings
- Human Resources office closure November 27, 2023
- What It's Like, #1
- Job postings