Today@Dal» Go to news main
LSC Shutdown – Biology and Earth Sciences May 27
Final Notice – the Biology and Earth Sciences tower of the LSC will be closed Saturday May 27 to facilitate repair and maintenance of equipment on the roof. The SOSB parking lot will also be closed.
This will require scheduled laboratory exhaust and fumehood shutdownas the work will be ensuring the ongoing reliability of these critical systems, as well as the installation of a new fumehood within the building. The outage is expected to take the whole day, and the Biology and Earth Sciences tower of the LSC will be closed to all personnel during this timeframe.
To assist in preparing your areas for this outage, and to ensure the ongoing safety of those completing the repairs and maintenance, please ensure to complete the below in all lab areas before 5pm local time TODAY, Friday 26 May 2023:
- Powering down and/or disconnecting any laboratory equipment which may create fumes/vapours/aerosols and/or heat.
- Turning off any process gasses, process liquids, or water supplies to equipment.
- Properly stoppering/capping, and storing, all laboratory chemicals that may be present within the laboratory area.
- Fully emptying all fumehoods of chemicals and closing all fumehood sashes.
- On Friday evening, please avoid parking in the area bordered by the LSC and Castine Way - from the NRC parkade to the Wallace McCain Learning Commons. This area will be required to facilitate crane and decontamination areas, so must be free of all vehicles.
Should weather conditions prevent this work from occurring safely on the scheduled date, any alternate arrangements or dates will be communicated in advance.
If anyone has any concerns or questions about this outage, please contact FM’s Utilities Manager, Breton MacEachern, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for mentors: BIPOC Graduate Student Mentoring Academy
- Faculty and Staff Guide on Student Accommodation and Student Accessibility
- Mental Health 101 ‑ Recognizing and Responding to Students in Distress
- Job postings
- Mental Health Promotion Open Education Resource
- Good Grief, Nova Scotia!
- Job postings
- Instructor posting: Department of Medical Neuroscience