Today@Dal» Go to news main
Associate Dean Research and Global Relations (Architecture and Planning)
Applications are invited for the position of Associate Dean Research and Global Relations in the Faculty of Architecture and Planning.
This is a two-year, full-time position that will begin on January 1, 2023 and is open to tenured faculty at Dalhousie.
The position provides support to research programming in the Faculty, student programming that fosters internationalization with the Faculty and programming that continues to advance equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility in the Faculty.
The Associate Dean Research & Global Relations reports to the Dean of Architecture and Planning and is responsible for:
- Provides advice, guidance and support to research grant facilitation within the Faculty
- Provide support to researchers in the Faculty in developing plans that fosters responsible conduct of research
- Assists the School of Planning and the School of Architecture to assist in the nurturing of academic programming that may support research activities
- Represents the Faculty the Dalhousie Research Advisory Committee (DRAC) and other related University committees, as required
- Be a leader in the Faculty to advance the University’s Third Century Promise through the encouragement and support emerging areas of discovery and exploration in the Faculty
B. Global Relations
- Provides advice, guidance and support the Faculty to develop international programming
- Foster and support the development of academic programming to support international programming
- Develop EDIA based programming in the Faculty and works as partner with units across the University
- Serves as an academic leader that represents within the Faculty, across Dalhousie and externally to a diverse range of stakeholders and community partners
- Works closely with the Dean in developing and executing strategic projects for the Faculty
Qualifications and Experience:
- A demonstrated track record of research scholarship
- Commitment to academic service within the Faculty and across the University
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility.
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to deal professionally with sensitive, confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others, including faculty, staff, dean and departments
- Keen interest in supporting research success.
- Interest and willingness to learn and stay abreast of best practices in research policies.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: November 1, 2022
Please send a letter containing a statement of interest and qualifications, a CV, a completed Self-Identification Questionnaire, and contact information for two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Dalhousie University commits to achieving inclusive excellence through continually championing equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), persons with a disability, racialized persons, including persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit http://www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.”
- Survey on Thriving Futures 2023: Exploring the SDGs at Dalhousie University
- Job postings
- Special Access to Counselling Support
- Participants needed for walking study
- Canadian Medical Hall of Fame (CMHF) Laureate Symposium
- Goldberg Computer Science Building Closed June 10
- Upcoming conference: “From Inequality to Justice — Law and Ethics of AI Technology”
- Johnson Insurance supports available for employees impacted by the wildfires