Today@Dal» Go to news main
Teaching Assistant posting: Department of German
Teaching Assistant/ Marker/ Demonstrator Posting
Department: Department of German
6135 University Avenue
Halifax, NS B3H 4R2
Posting Date: 26 November, 2021
Application Deadline: 1 December, 2021
Position: TA 130 for GERM 1027, winter 2022 (Four positions available)
Term/Dates: January – April, winter 2022
Pay Rate: In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement
Working in close consultation with the Part-Time Academic, and following a set plan, the Teaching Assistant is responsible for keeping up with the weekly lectures, leading tutorial groups (material will be delivered online), leading monthly revising/editing workshops, familiarity with the required literature, grading tests and essays, keeping records and the calculation of final grades. Be available to students outside of class time via email.
Applicants should be entering and/or have completed their final year of a BA Honors. Good teaching skills, including grammar training and strong English composition skills, commitment to student learning and strong sense of personal responsibility.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity
- Final Reminder – Planned Power Outage TOMORROW (plus correction)
- Reminder for Instructors: Student Declaration of Absence Form
- Job postings
- Seeking participants for an intermittent fasting study
- Part‑Time Employment Opportunity: Teaching Assistant in the History of Science and Technology Program
- Power outage for Saturday, Aug. 13 expanded to include additional buildings
- Temporary closure: Black Student Advising Centre
- Knowledge translation course for health professionals: Occupational Science