Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Engineering Tutor posting (Agricultural Campus)
Job Title: Engineering Tutor – Help Centre
Department/Location: Truro Campus
Rate of Pay: $15.50/hr
Hours per Week: Negotiable – 2-6 hours a week
Tutors are responsible for leading one-on-one or small group lessons that cater to the needs and goals of the Faculty of Agriculture Engineering students. Responsibilities will include:
· Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and assignments from 1st and 2nd Year Engineering Diploma courses)
· Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, and other academic tasks
· Working with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom
· Providing students positive and constructive feedback
· Offering feedback on topics areas to course lecturers when appropriate.
· Be either a recent Dalhousie alumnus (graduated no more than 3 years prior to applying to be a tutor), graduate student (Master’s or Ph.D. level), or undergraduate student (Year 3 or above) at Dalhousie.
· Have attained a minimum of an A- in at least 1 of the related course(s) (ENGN 1001, ENGN 1002, ENGN 3000, ENGN 3016, ENGN 3002) and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3.
· Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedback
· Be encouraging with students as they develop skills and improve their performance
Along with a cover letter, applications should include an unofficial transcript that proves the courses that have been successfully completed as well as contact information for three professional or academic references (including the instructor for the topic area of choice).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE APPLY VIA EMAIL TO:
Ms. Mandi Wilson at email@example.com
Review of Applications will begin Oct 21, 2021
- The Dal Bookstore's Annual Three‑Day Yard Sale is Back, Dec. 6‑8
- Teaching Assistant Posting: Department of Pharmacology
- Job postings
- Teaching Assistant Posting: Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Dalhousie Census 'Be Counted' campaign continues until Friday, December 3
- Marker/Demonstrator Posting: Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Teaching Assistant postings: Department of French
- 2021 December cut‑off dates for Accounts Payable