Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Aspen
Aspen is a Chinese shar-pei who lives with Lynda Corkum, administrative secretary at the Schulich School of Law.
Species/breed: Chinese shar-pei
Age: 12.5 years.
Fave food: Sardines
Special tricks: His sense of smell is amazing! We had rats living in and around our green bin a few winters ago. Aspen was the one who alerted me to this. Now, all I have to say is “Where are the dirty rats?” and he goes right to the green bin. He is an excellent guard dog. Nothing happens outside of the house without Aspen alerting me to it. He is also a cuddler extraordinaire.
Best quality: Everything about him. He is loyal, gentle, affectionate. And cute as a button!
Read more about this series on Dal News. And don't forget to check out the previous pets we've featured in this space this month, Suzy, friendly fish, Cello, Fionn and Bran, Matou and Minou, Dodger, Shubie and Soca, as well as those from previous months:
The month in pets: January
The month in pets: February
- Teaching Assistant posting: Department of German
- Teaching Assistant Position(s): Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Job postings
- Teaching Assistant and Marker postings: Department of Russian
- Governance review underway
- Teaching Assistant and Marker postings: Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Reminder for instructors: Student Declaration of Absence Form
- 2021‑2022 University‑Wide Teaching Awards