Today@Dal» Go to news main
Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Fionn and Bran
Fionn and Bran are Nova Scotia Duck Tollers who live with Mateo Yorke, assistant director of facilities operations with Ancillary Services.
Name: Fionn and Bran
Nickname: Fin-fin and Bran-bran
Species/breed: Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (NS Duck Tollers)
Age: Fionn 11, Bran 10
Fave food: Fionn demands treats on a regular schedule, usually around 9pm, loves crunching ice cubes. Bran loves stolen food. Routinely caught on camera investigating the kitchen counters after I leave for work.
Special tricks: Fionn can detect and tell ambulance sirens from fire engine sirens regularly. Loves howling at fire engines, but not ambulances. Bran can carry sticks more than twice his length for long periods of time and taps his paw ten times when being fed.
Best quality: Man’s best friends and great walking and hiking companions. Currently doing 5-10km walks at least four days a week. Keeps me fit!
Social media platform or handle: Instagram @fionnandbran
Read more about this series on Dal News. And don't forget to check out the previous pets we've featured in this space this month, Suzy, friendly fish, Cello, as well as those from previous months:
The month in pets: January
The month in pets: February
- SURGE x OFI Seed Fund Workshop
- CLT Summer Assessment Retreat (July 4‑8, 2022)
- Oceanography area of Life Sciences Centre closed today due to water issue
- Job postings
- 2022‑23 HV Maintenance Schedule
- Retirement Notice for Bev Hubley, Director of Business Operations, ITS
- Job posting: Part‑Time Academic (Civil and Resource Engineering)
- Job posting: Part‑Time Academic (Chemistry)