Today@Dal» Go to news main
Virtual benefits information session series
All faculty and staff are invited to attend the first in a series of virtual benefits information sessions on April 7, 10 to 11:30 a.m. that will cover benefits information for all regular employee groups, as well as Grant-Paid and associated employees, and Post-Doctoral Fellows.
This is an opportunity to learn more about the benefits available to you as an employee and ask any questions. There will be time at the end of the session to fill out benefits paperwork and submit them electronically. While originally developed for new hires, this benefits information session will also be valuable to existing employees who want a benefits refresher.
- Topics covered during this session include the following:
- Where can I find benefits information?
- Benefits enrolment & eligible dependants
- Mandatory benefits & optional benefits
- Getting to know your health spending account
- Submitting a claim
- Life changes
- Other benefits & resources
- Forms checklist
- Dedicated time for filling out paperwork and asking questions
Closer to the event date, you will receive a Microsoft Teams meeting invite for the event. The Benefits team will pre-screen registrants to ensure benefits eligibility and send links to the paperwork applicable to your employee group. For more information on this session, contact the Benefits Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teaching Assistant posting: 12 positions available with the Department of Physiology and Biophysics
- Participants sought for study on use of online resilience platform
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Halo
- Job posting
- Virtual ergonomic assessment/ergonomic coaching session
- Teaching Assistant postings: School of Social Work
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Mika
- Student virtual Q&A videos