Today@Dal» Go to news main
New enhanced Optional Benefits
Effective April 1, and as part of the university’s comprehensive group employee benefits plan, Dalhousie is now offering enhanced Optional Benefits that will provide employees the opportunity to top up their insurance coverage for added protection at special low group rates, as well as plan for the future.
From April 1 to May 31, we are providing an open enrolment period for all employees to sign-up for our Optional Benefits plan. Open enrolment provides employees with the opportunity to get up to $50,000 in Critical Illness coverage with no health questions asked. This is a tax-free cash payment that covers more than 30 medical conditions.
Additionally, employees are eligible for Optional Assured Access – a solution that provides employees with guaranteed acceptance to future health coverage based on your health today.
Sign-up will be online, allowing employees to select the coverage they want and submit an application within minutes.
Want to learn more about Optional Benefits?
- Teaching Assistant posting: 12 positions available with the Department of Physiology and Biophysics
- Participants sought for study on use of online resilience platform
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Halo
- Job posting
- Virtual ergonomic assessment/ergonomic coaching session
- Teaching Assistant postings: School of Social Work
- Pets of Dalhousie: Meet Mika
- Student virtual Q&A videos