Today@Dal» Go to news main
Reminder about mandatory safety training
As some faculty and staff begin to return to campus, the Environmental Health and Safety Office is reminding all Dalhousie personnel that anyone who works with, or in proximity to a hazardous product in the workplace MUST have valid WHMIS training. Personnel should re-certify this course every three years. All Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) covering those products that may be encountered in that space must be up to date, and readily available to all personnel in the area. Free safety courses (including WHMIS) are available to all Dalhousie personnel. Incidents do happen — our Environmental Health and Safety Team has responded to situations involving chemicals in recent years — and ensuring you’re up-to-date on your training is essential.
As many have been away from the university for an extended timeframe due to the pandemic, now is a great time to take advantage of some of these free courses (for Dalhousie faculty, staff, and students) to refresh your safety knowledge. In addition to WHMIS training, available course topics include Chemical Spill Response, Fire Safety, Lab Safety, and Ergonomics.
- Teaching Assistant & Lab Demonstrator Postings: College of Pharmacy
- Teaching Assistant posting: Faculty of Science
- SuperNOVA in‑person STEM camps now available!
- Online research study opportunity
- The Dal Bookstore: We’re here to continue to serve you
- Reminder about mandatory safety training
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture/Faculty of Agriculture
- Job Posting ‑ Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science