Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Economics
POSTING DATE: November 19, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 2, 2019
Part-time Academic, Intermediate Macroeconomics
Economics 2201.03 – TR 1435-1555 – January-April 2020
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Department of Economics
PAY RATE: As per CUPE contract
WORK ASSIGNMENT: The Part-time Academic's duties are as follows: lecture to students during specified hours, hold office hours (3 hours per week), develop course outline, prepare and grade assignments, mid-term tests and final exams. The position reports to the Chair of the Department.
REQUIREMENTS: A Masters in Economics is necessary as an absolute minimum qualification for all courses. In addition, work experience or academic experience relevant to the subject matter of the course, a PhD in Economics and/or previous university-level teaching may be required. Applicants applying to the Department of Economics for the first time should provide the names of 3 references.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE TO:
Talan İşcan, Chairperson
Department of Economics
6214 University Avenue
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The University encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Architect and educator Brian MacKay‑Lyons steps down from teaching at Dalhousie School of Architecture
- Reminder about mandatory safety training
- Studying for Success Summer Services
- Room bookings for recording lectures
- Online research study opportunity
- Teaching Assistant postings: School of Health Administration
- Notice of Power Outage – Upper Studley Campus – Tuesday, June 30th – 7 to 10 AM
- Job Postings