Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Nursing
Part-Time Academic Posting
Dalhousie University, School of Nursing
POSTING DATE: November 18, 2019
POSITION: PART-TIME ACADEMIC INSTRUCTORS
TERM: Winter, January 6 – April 3, 2020
PAY RATE: According to CUPE Collective Agreement
Lecturer for NURS2750.03 – Health & Healing II: Pathophysiology and Therapeutics (Winter term of the academic year 2019-2020)
This course focuses on integrating knowledge of disease, diagnosis and person-centered management as a key to successful nursing practice. Specific disease processes related to body systems are described and mechanisms of therapeutic options for management are evaluated. Evidence to support use of pharmacological, non-pharmacological, alternative and complementary treatments are evaluated.
This is a 3-credit hour course and lectures are held twice weekly. The successful candidate will be co-teaching this course with another lecturer.
This appointment runs from January 1, 2020 until April 30, 2020. The part-time academic instructor reports directly to the Associate Director, Undergraduate Studies.
- Development of teaching and learning activities related to course-specific topics
- Teach course content
- Assessment and evaluation of student learning
- Use of Brightspace for course delivery
- Responding to student queries about coursework
- Attending initial instruction with Instructional Learning Online services re: Brightspace
- Participation in course discussions within the program
- Develop and administer examinations
- Submission of grades
- Follow up with students as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE: Candidates must hold a graduate degree in Nursing, or related field, with a strong background in pharmacology including pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pathophysiology. Prior teaching experience an asset. PhD preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, November 29th, 2019 @ 4:00pm or until position filled
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, their resume and three references (names) with contact information, including one from the most recent employer. Referees will not be contacted without the consent of the candidate.
Please apply by email to email@example.com (Ms. Angelika Torres, HR/Finance Assistant, School of Nursing, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, B3H 3J5; Phone: 902-494-7807)
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
- Workplace Wellness Grants Program: Call for applications
- Nominate your classroom
- Job Postings
- Participants needed ‑ Canadia Center for Vaccinology
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Public Administration
- Munro Eve Karaoke
- Central Services Building Parking Lot Closure
- Nominate a student for an IMPACT Award