Today@Dal» Go to news main
Take Our Kids to Work Day, November 6
On November 6, Grade 9 students across Nova Scotia will have the opportunity to participate in Take Our Kids To Work Day. This annual event provides students with the opportunity to witness the world of work firsthand, prompting early career planning, and enabling students to make informed decisions pertaining to their future goals and endeavours.
As part of Dalhousie’s ongoing support for Take Our Kids To Work Day, Human Resources would like to provide employees and supervisors with some general guidelines for considering requests to participate in the day.
Any employee looking to bring a dependent to work with them as part of a school-organized Take Our Kids To Work Day initiative should receive approval in advance from their supervisor and Department Head. Please note that approval cannot be provided in circumstances where:
- The student would be exposed to conditions which could present a safety risk.
- The student’s presence would jeopardize requirements around confidentiality.
- The student’s presence would unreasonably impact the operations of the university.
There will also be a campus tour offered on our Studley campus, 10:30 am -12 p.m., LeMarchant Place, Welcome Centre, 1246 LeMarchant Street, followed by a complimentary lunch in one of our dining halls. To register, please contact Justin McKiel, at Justin.McKiel@dal.ca or the main campus tours phone-line at 902-494-3753. Please provide the student’s name, number of guests, school interests and favourite activity outside of the classroom.
- Collective bargaining update
- Children Needed for an Online Creativity Study
- Start your back to school plan
- New Sciographies Episode: Hal Whitehead
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ School of Health & Human Performance
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Canadian Studies Program ‑ Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- ‘Black Films that Teach’ weekly series now available on Eastlink
- Studying for Success Virtual Workshops