Today@Dal» Go to news main
Grad Studies wins Healthy Workplace Award
Each year, Dalhousie recognizes a workplace whose practices promote and support employee health, engagement, and well-being. Each nomination showcases activities along seven dimensions of wellness: physical, mental, social, intellectual, spiritual, environmental, and workload management.
This year’s winner is the Faculty of Graduate Studies. The selection committee praised both their event-based activities that bring the group together and their supportive workplace climate. Events include fitness challenges, group lunches and celebrations, and involvement in community agencies, like United Way and Feed Nova Scotia.
Their workplace climate offers regular meetings, process improvement, flexibility, and open discussion of personal safety.
Nominator Mary Anne Dib states in their submission that “FGS is a truly positive, supportive, enriching environment and it is a pleasure to work with such a great team that support each other and work so well together.”
Graduate Studies will be formally recognized at the Legacy Awards (https://www.dal.ca/dept/hr/legacy-awards.html),
taking place on June 19th at the Arts Centre.
- Impact: Updates from our 2014‑2019 Strategic Direction
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science
- Specials this week at the Dal UClub. All are welcome! We open at 8 am
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- NEW! Dal Tigers Female Hockey Summer Skills Academy
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Philosophy
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Plant, Food, and Environmental Sciences