Today@Dal» Go to news main
Ocean School wins digital award
Ocean School — a groundbreaking online learning experience that was founded at Dal — has earned honours for digital excellence and creativity at an awards ceremony that is the largest of its kind in Quebec.
The NUMIX Award recognized Ocean School for Best Interactive Production in the youth category. And for good reason: Ocean School combines leading educational technologies with compelling storytelling techniques to immerse youth in the world of ocean science and culture. Learners engage through videos, virtual reality and interactive games that transport them to the forefront of ocean research. Visit Ocean School’s web site to learn more.
Founded by Dal and the National Film Board of Canada, Ocean School operates in partnership with Ingenium, the Ocean Frontier Institute, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development and Akufen.
- Impact: Updates from our 2014‑2019 Strategic Direction
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science
- Specials this week at the Dal UClub. All are welcome! We open at 8 am
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- NEW! Dal Tigers Female Hockey Summer Skills Academy
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Department of Philosophy
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ Plant, Food, and Environmental Sciences