Today@Dal» Go to news main
The month of October is once again "Walktober," with the goal of increasing physical activity among employees at Dalhousie. While a daily goal of 10,000 steps is agreed to provide health benefits, the overall goal of Walktober is lots of participation and just moving more.
Again this year, there are two ways to get involved: 1) join a team and track your steps and/or 2) find the answer to a weekly mystery question about the campus you work on.
Create or Join a team:
Visit www.walkaboutns.ca, create a personal profile, then create a new team under the "Groups" tab, using "Dalhousie" at the beginning of your team name and "2018" at the end of the team name so we can find you and award prizes to your team members in our weekly draws. Join a team by creating a personal profile and joining an existing team. Get movin' and track your steps and progress.
Play the weekly campus quiz:
Read Today@Dal each Tuesday in October to find the mystery location and question on your campus – Agricultural, Carleton, Sexton, Studley. You will need to go to the location specified and discover the answer to a question. Email the answer to Healthy@dal.ca to be entered into a draw for prizes.
- New this year: Career on Track
- Walktober Weekly Trivia
- Important Change to Transfer Credit Process
- Pay Your Fines... with Food? Food for Fines Is Back.
- United Way campaign ‑ Mini‑launch this week
- Luncheon specials for this week at the Dal University Club — Please join us, all are welcome!
- Studying for Success Workshops (Halifax)
- Stay on Track registration open for all undergraduate students