Today@Dal» Go to news main
After a successful pilot in 2017, Dalhousie will again be offering an alcohol-free residence experience during Orientation Week this September in the majority of our residence communities.
Howe Hall, Gerard Hall, Shirreff Hall, Mini-residence houses, and Risley Hall
will all be alcohol-free until Monday, September 10. The exceptions will be
LeMarchant Place residence, Glengarry Apartments, and Grad House where the majority of residents are upper-year students.
Recognizing the importance that Orientation plays in the transition to university, we must provide an environment that will best allow students to learn and adjust to their new surroundings. An environment conducive to learning and self-care is enhanced by the removal of alcohol. Students will not will the pressure to consume alcohol during such a critical time at the start of their academic career.
If you have any questions about the alcohol-free residences, please contact Dean Martin, director, residence & student life (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Research Assistant Posting ‑ Environmental Science/ Faculty of Science
- Job Posting ‑ Rowe School of Business/Faculty of Management
- Studying for Success Workshops (Halifax)
- Specials this week at the UClub ‑ please join us! All are welcome
- Halifax Universities Career Fair
- NRC‑IRAP: Science and Technology Assistance
- Wear pink tomorrow and support respect at Dal
- Part‑time Academic Posting ‑ School for Resource and Environmental Studies