Today@Dal» Go to news main
Support for Faculty and Staff with Anxiety
Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provides a wide range of information and supports related to many mental health scenarios. EFAP is offered confidentially and at no charge to employees and their immediate family members.
- Understanding, treating, and recovering from anxiety disorders
- Understanding, coping with, and treating panic attacks
- Supporting someone with anxiety
- Coping with separation anxiety
- Anxiety medications and you
- Overcoming social anxiety: how to reduce your discomfort
Please visit here for more information and to read these articles. NOTE: Enter Dalhousie University in the first log-in screen and click Search to be taken to the list of articles.
EFAP also offers professional counselling services. Some of the problems they can help with include: anxiety, work or relationship problems, life stages, family issues, communication, stress, bullying, abuse, depression, addiction, and more. They have various tools available to help you, including group counselling options. For more information, please visit workhealthlife.com, and select one of the "Counselling" buttons on the sidebar.
- Call for mentors: BIPOC Graduate Student Mentoring Academy
- Faculty and Staff Guide on Student Accommodation and Student Accessibility
- Mental Health 101 ‑ Recognizing and Responding to Students in Distress
- Job postings
- Mental Health Promotion Open Education Resource
- Good Grief, Nova Scotia!
- Job postings
- Instructor posting: Department of Medical Neuroscience