Today@Dal» Go to news main
Job Posting ‑ Dalhousie Faculty Association
Job Opportunity – Administrative Assistant
The Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant. This is a permanent full time position, starting 2 January 2018 with a six-month probationary period. The annual salary range is $58,000-$64, 000, depending on qualifications and experience plus benefits and pension.
About the Dalhousie Faculty Association (DFA):
The Dalhousie Faculty Association is a trade union representing all eligible academic staff of Dalhousie University in matters of employer-employee relations. Currently, the DFA represents approximately 960 members. The Dalhousie Faculty Association is a dynamic organization that supports individual growth and life-long learning.
Overview of Position:
Reporting to the DFA Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant performs clerical and administrative duties for the DFA office, under the daily supervision of the Administrative Officer. The Administrative Assistant will work on-site at the DFA office, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Primary duties are Access database entry, book-keeping, payroll reception, scheduling of meetings, filing and other administrative and clerical duties as required. This position requires a high level of responsibility, accuracy (or attention to detail) professionalism and judgment due to the confidential nature of the work.
- Post-Secondary diploma/degree (or equivalent work experience), with at least three years related experience
- Experience with Access database
- Experience with Simply/Sage Accounting ledgers and book-keeping
- Expertise with using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; very detail-oriented
- Ability to work efficiently and to solve problems effectively
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks
- Ability to analyze situations and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to use tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Work experience within a university or union environment is an asset.
How to apply:
Please send electronically (1) letter of application, (2) resume, and (3) contact information for at least three business references by 15 November 2017 at 4 pm to:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie Faculty Association is an affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- SharePoint Training: Using Document Libraries
- Senate Agenda ‑ November 27, 2017
- Calling Card Changes ‑ Bell Aliant
- Multifaith Calendar ‑ November 22 ‑ 30
- Participate & Win! Families Needed for Quick & Fun Study on Prosocial Behaviour
- Student Ratings of Instruction (SRI)
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ French
- Teaching Assistant Posting ‑ History of Science and Technology Programme