Today@Dal» Go to news main
Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Public Administration/Management
Part-time Academic Posting
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4R2
Posting Date: July 17, 2017
Application Deadline: July 31, 2017
Sessional Lecturer - MGMT 2803 – Management in the Public Sector
January to April 2018 – Monday/Wednesday 1435 - 1555
Department: School of Public Administration
Pay Rate: In accordance with the CUPE collective agreement
The Sessional Lecturer will be responsible for a half credit course in the area of Management in the Public Sector offered to undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Management program. The Instructor will be responsible for all aspects of the teaching and administration of the class and be available for two hours per week outside class times for student consultations. The candidate reports to the Director of the School.
Requirements of Position:
A Masters Degree in Public Administration, Political Science or a related field in conjunction with one year’s experience at the executive level within government in the past 5 years is required. Preference will be given to applicants holding a PhD or candidacy in public administration or a relevant field. Previous university-level teaching is an asset. Demonstrated teaching effectiveness in Public Sector Management is required.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing by the application deadline to:
School of Public Administration
Fax: 902 494 7023
All offers of employment as a part-time academic are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The University encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
- Part‑Time Academic Posting ‑ School of Occupational Therapy
- Reminder: Search for Dean, Faculty of Engineering
- Looking for children and adolescents with down syndrome to participate in research study
- Marker Posting ‑ Bachelor Management, Faculty of Management
- Lab Demonstrator Postings ‑ School of Health Sciences
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie researchers want medical and recreational marijuana kept separate
- Media Highlight: Dalhousie researcher explains how 1 in 3 dementia cases are potentially preventable
- Multifaith Services closed until August 1