Today@Dal» Go to news main
Volunteer Opportunity at National Conference in Halifax
The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) Annual Conference brings together leaders in teaching and learning from across Canada and around the world. This year the conference is being held in Halifax June 20-23rd. The conference is looking for undergraduate and graduate students interested in volunteering over the course of the 4-day conference being held across the campuses of Dalhousie University, St. Mary’s University, the University of King’s College, and the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design.
This opportunity will allow students to experience a large international conference; network and connect with the best in teaching and learning in higher education; participate in the learning experience by attending conference sessions and keynote address (**space and role permitting); and add important volunteer experience to your CV or resume.
Volunteer opportunities include Registration and Information Desk Greeters, Session Moderators, Tech Support and Wayfinders. Volunteers must be available to attend a training session the week prior to the conference (June 12).
To register as a volunteer please go to: http://www.stlhe2017sapes.ca/volunteers-1/
Deadline to register is April 30th, 2017.
- Marker posting (Management in the Public Sector)
- DalCard contest
- Job posting
- Teaching Assistant posting: School of Public Administration
- Teaching Assistant postings: University of King's College
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: School of Physiotherapy
- Part‑Time Academic Posting: Rowe School of Business
- Teaching Assistant and Marker posting: Faculty of Engineering, Undergraduate Studies Office