Today@Dal» Go to news main
Open House On‑Campus Dining
On Thursday, March 30, 2017, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., our dining Halls at Howe Hall, Shirreff Hall, Risley Hall, and O'Brien Hall are having an Open House.
Cost: $7.00 (taxes included), a one-time introductory price
Benefits of eating in a dining hall:
Eat local, sustainable food: Our Farm-to-Table Program offers fresh, local produce, seasonal menus, sustainable seafood, local proteins and dairy, and Fair Trade coffee and tea.
Healthy eating made easy: We offer a fresh salad bar daily, with a variety of vegetables, lean proteins, cheese, a variety of dressings, and more!
We cook from scratch more often, including soups, many sauces, entress, and more. This increases food quality and amount of local produce used, and reduces sodium. We also reduce sodium intake by replacing salt in many of our recipes with other flavour-enhancing spices like turmeric, chili, and cumin. These substitutions not only reduce sodium, but also add great flavour to our dishes.
Finally, we use healthier fats such as olive or canola oil in our recipes.
Register at: https://events-tm.dal.ca/login.php?id=2027.
Find our dining halls: http://dal.campusdish.com/locations
Proudly brought to you by Food Services at Dalhousie.
- Nomination deadline extended to April 16 for President's Award for the Advancement of Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness (EDI)
- Part‑Time Academic Postings ‑ International Development Studies
- EPass program Spring roll out
- Operations & Maintenance Response Fund (O&MRF) for Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) Projects
- Job Postings
- Move More t‑shirts available for pick up
- Teaching Assistant Postings ‑ Environmental Science, Faculty of Science
- Get to Know your DalCard #6: DalCard Plus