Today@Dal» Go to news main
Open House On‑Campus Dining
On Thursday, March 30, 2017, from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., our dining Halls at Howe Hall, Shirreff Hall, Risley Hall, and O'Brien Hall are having an Open House.
Cost: $7.00 (taxes included), a one-time introductory price
Benefits of eating in a dining hall:
Eat local, sustainable food: Our Farm-to-Table Program offers fresh, local produce, seasonal menus, sustainable seafood, local proteins and dairy, and Fair Trade coffee and tea.
Healthy eating made easy: We offer a fresh salad bar daily, with a variety of vegetables, lean proteins, cheese, a variety of dressings, and more!
We cook from scratch more often, including soups, many sauces, entress, and more. This increases food quality and amount of local produce used, and reduces sodium. We also reduce sodium intake by replacing salt in many of our recipes with other flavour-enhancing spices like turmeric, chili, and cumin. These substitutions not only reduce sodium, but also add great flavour to our dishes.
Finally, we use healthier fats such as olive or canola oil in our recipes.
Register at: https://events-tm.dal.ca/login.php?id=2027.
Find our dining halls: http://dal.campusdish.com/locations
Proudly brought to you by Food Services at Dalhousie.
- Encourage your students to attend the Student Job & Career Fair
- Unleashing personal and team creativity
- Back on Track (formerly Bounce Back) registration is open for students
- Participants Needed for Hepatitis B Vaccine Study
- Marker Posting ‑ Rowe School of Business
- Job Postings
- Conciliation dates scheduled for Dalhousie and DFA collective bargaining
- SPGC Call for Nominations for Faculty Senate Representative, Board of Governors