Today@Dal» Go to news main
Introductory Visits to Classes by the Writing Centre
Students transitioning to university or entering new programs, including graduate and professional programs, often benefit from working with a Writing Centre advisor. Short, introductory visits to classes can be arranged so that students understand how to access the service.
Visits to classes take 5-10 minutes. In that time, students learn about the well-established pedagogical approach to writing in the disciplines that Writing Centre staff members follow.
If instructors would like a Writing Centre staff member to visit their classes, please contact Dr. Margie Bohan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name, the course name, time of the class, and location.
Have a wonderful start to the new university year!
- Updated Dal community resources: Dalhousie Prospectus and Message Book
- Records management sessions for December
- Printing Services closure
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- Call for nominations: Dal's University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings