Today@Dal» Go to news main
Be Inspired ‑ Build Learner Engagement With Brightspace
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
MacDonald Building, University Hall
9:30 am to 3:00 pm
This Brightspace Regional User Forum is a chance for you to connect with D2L staff and your fellow peers to network, share best practices, and exchange feedback. The theme for this year is 'Be Inspired - Build Learner Engagement With Brightspace'. Gain insight and inspiration from the many sessions, where you can connect with subject matter experts about innovative methods that improve teaching and learning.
Keynote speaker, John Baker, will be speaking on, ‘Transforming Teaching and Learning’ from noon to 1:30 pm. John Baker (whose family hails from Atlantic Canada) is the President and CEO of D2L Corporation. John founded Desire2Learn Inc. in 1999, at the age of twenty-two, while attending the University of Waterloo as a Systems Design Engineering student.
John saw that online digital tools could open the door to entirely new and more effective models, and create learning experiences that are more personal, engaging and inspiring. The company is on the journey of transforming the way the world learns.
To learn more about this one-day event, please visit the forum website.
Register online: http://go.brightspace.com/ATL
- Updated Dal community resources: Dalhousie Prospectus and Message Book
- Records management sessions for December
- Printing Services closure
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- Call for nominations: Dal's University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings