Today@Dal» Go to news main
Recruitment notice: smartphone research study
We are recruiting participants to take part in a research study examining new techniques for integrating smartphones with large projections. We are looking for participants who are part of the wider Dalhousie University community, including students, staff/faculty,friends and have at least one year experience using a touch screen smartphone. No other expertise is required.
The study will be conducted in the GEM Lab, Mona Campbell building, Dalhousie University, and will take about an hour and a half to complete. You will first meet with a researcher to go over the study details, give consent to do the study and fill in a background questionnaire. You will then complete sets of tasks using different techniques for connecting mobile phone content with projected content, and you will fill in a short questionnaire after doing each task set. The session will end with a brief interview. Compensation is $20 for participation in the study.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Majid (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Updated Dal community resources: Dalhousie Prospectus and Message Book
- Records management sessions for December
- Printing Services closure
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- Call for nominations: Dal's University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings