Today@Dal» Go to news main
Shark tracking documentary airs Sunday
Brendal Davis, a research associate at Dalhousie, is working with the Ocean Tracking Network, implanting acoustic tags in Blue Sharks off Nova Scotia so their movements can be tracked over the next several years.
Blue Sharks: Tracking an Ancient Predator, a new documentary by Creative Atlantic, follows Davis and her team as they pursue their goal. It airs this Sunday, March 1 on CBC Television’s Land and Sea.
The documentary also explores the Halifax line of acoustic receivers, which covers the entire Continental Shelf and provides essential information on the comings and goings of tagged marine life.
Blue Sharks: Tracking an Ancient Predator will have its world broadcast premiere on CBC Television’s Land and Sea on Sunday, March 1 at 12 noon AST. The documentary is also available online. Visit www.cbc.ca/landandsea to watch the episode after the broadcast.
- Updated Dal community resources: Dalhousie Prospectus and Message Book
- Records management sessions for December
- Printing Services closure
- Get your tickets now for the 50/50 Raffle in support of the United Way
- Call for nominations: Dal's University‑Wide Teaching Awards
- Job posting
- Final study skills workshops for fall semester (Halifax campuses)
- Job postings