News» Go to news main
Dr. Barry Lesser receives the Shandong Province of China Qilu Friendship Award
Dr. Barry Lesser, China Program Director and Professor Emeritus, Department of Economics, has received the Shandong Province of China Qilu Friendship Award.
The Qilu Friendship Award is the highest honour awarded by the Government of Shandong Province, in recognition of the outstanding contributions made by foreign experts in promoting the economic construction and social development of Shandong Province.
Barry has devoted his time and efforts to the Joint programs between Dalhousie and Shandong University of Finance and Economics (SDUFE) for the past decade. Jianbo Wang, Director, International Affairs Office, SDUFE, commented that “Barry’s support to the faculty and the students at SDUFE is greatly appreciated.” SDUFE nominated Barry for the Qilu Friendship Award to recognize his dedication and contributions.
Barry, accompanied by his wife Donna Lesser, attended the award ceremony in Weihai, China, on October 27.
Congratulations Barry on this well-deserved award!
- 2019‑2020 Economics Prizes
- Monique Comeau receives Faculty of Graduate Studies Distinguished Service Award for Staff
- Congratulations to Samuel Kirsh: Finalist of the Bank of Canada/Canadian Economic Association Undergraduate Research Award
- Lars Osberg elected as Fellow of the Canadian Economics Association
- Catherine Boulatoff receives Award for Excellence in Teaching (2019‑20)
- Building an Economic Recovery in Canada: Lars Osberg
- Congratulations to N Mandeya and K Zhang recipients of International Tuition Fee Bursary
- John F. Graham Memorial Lecture 2019