News» Go to news main
5th #mgmtcares Community Service Day benefits Adsum Centre
Every year, Faculty of Management staff, faculty and students leave their desks in the Rowe Building to volunteer in the Halifax community. The Community Service Day, organized by Alumni and Student Engagement staff person Marianne Hagen, has been a tradition for five years, and gives people a chance to get to know their community and peers better. This year, in partnership with the United Way, 15 people spent a morning doing yardwork in Lakeside at Adsum Centre, a communal, residential living environment that provides support and programming to women and children to address barriers that result in homelessness. Participants painted outdoor structures and replaced deteriorating garden beds.
See more photos on the Faculty of Management Facebook page.
- Alum finds parallels between CrossFit and finance
- Seeking solutions to gaps in the publishing industry
- Immigrant experience led to helping others succeed
- Veteran public librarian wins 2023 Outstanding Alumni Award
- Keeping a promise to himself
- Pushing forward – MBA grad shows grit to reach the finish line
- The perfect mix — Dalhousie alumni combine for business success
- In Memoriam: Dr. Florence Tarrant