Management News from Dal News
School of Information Management celebrates 50 years
For five decades, Dalhousie University has been home to the only school of information management in Atlantic Canada. Now, as it reaches a milestone year, "SIM" is celebrating both its legacy and its future.
The Big Picture: The looming threat of rising sea levels — and what we can do about it
Global sea levels are rising more than twice as fast as they were even just a few decades ago — and accelerating. If emissions are left unchecked, the consequences could be devastating. In our first article in a continuing spotlight series, meet Dal researchers on the front lines of an approaching global crisis.
Honouring exceptional leadership: Mike Smit receives Dal Senate award
Mike Smit, professor in the School of Information Management, is this year's recipient of the Lloyd Fraser Award for Outstanding Senate Leadership.
Faculty & Research
In what ways should society support entrepreneurial small businesses? How can we produce food more efficiently? Learn more about the pressing questions being researched here.
- Celebrating leadership and courage at the 2019 Scotiabank Ethics in Action at Dalhousie
- Your groceries are getting more expensive: Dalhousie's Agri‑Food Analytics Lab tells us why
- Wild horses or pests? How to control free‑roaming horses in Alberta
- Grad profile: “Stretch yourself and do something you’ve never done before”
- Grad profile: A degree for all fields