General Info & Policies
- These are non-academic courses. The Continuing Education Program has the right to determine if an applicant is accepted into a program or workshop.
- In Certificate Programs, certificates are awarded on the basis of participation only.
- Certificates are not awarded for completion of workshops. A letter confirming your participation and completion of the course will be provided.
- If you are mailing payment for a course, registration must be postmarked on or before the early registration date to qualify for the early registration discount.
- If you are paying by credit card, payment must be made on or before the early registration date to qualify for the early registration discount.
- Continuing Education is exempt from taxes.
- Payment in full is required to guarantee your space in CE workshops and certificate programs. You will not be guaranteed a space without the registration fee. Payment must be received (or postmarked) by the early registration deadline to qualify for the early registration rate.
- Registration of five or more participants, mailed in the same envelope, will receive a 10 percent discount (this policy applies to workshops as well as online courses). If you are paying via credit card, a 10 percent discount applies when registration fees for five or more participants are paid in one transaction.
- In the case of workshops, a non-refundable administrative fee of $35.00 will be charged for all cancellations. Notification must be received at least three weeks prior to the workshop to be eligible for a refund.
- In the case of Certificate Programs, a non-refundable administrative fee of $100.00 will be charged for all cancellations. Notification must be received at least three weeks prior to the beginning of the program for a refund.
- In the event of a cancellation by the School of Social Work, Dalhousie University, a full refund will be issued.
- A colleague may attend in your place at no extra cost. You are required only to notify us of the name of the person attending so that we can correct our records and minimize confusion on the first morning when registration takes place.
To prevent harm to people who suffer from chemical sensitivities please avoid using scented products such as scented deodorant, after-shave, hairspray, cologne, shampoo, soap, and other scented personal care products. We share the air.
- For information on parking at Dalhousie University, please contact Security at
902-494-6400 or at their office at 6135 University Avenue. Daily or weekly passes are available and will permit parking at all Dalhousie parking lots. Metered parking is available between 8 am and 6 pm around the campus.
- To ensure you get a parking spot on campus, it is recommended that you arrive early.