The Dalhousie College of Pharmacy residency programs participates in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists' Pharmacy Residency Application Matching Service (PRAMS). For full application details and deadlines please visit https://www.cshp.ca/residency.
How to Request a Dalhousie University Transcript for Residency Program Applications
Official Transcripts for the College of Pharmacy, Dalhousie University, only contain Pass/Fail grades. All Dalhousie pharmacy students and alumni must request their alpha/numeric grades to accompany the Pass/Fail transcript when applying for any Canadian Pharmacy Residency Program.
Follow the steps below to request an Official Transcript containing your alpha/numeric grades:
1. Email email@example.com with your full name and Banner Number and request a copy of your alpha/numeric grades to be sent to the Registrar’s Office.
2. Then request your official Dalhousie University transcript (Pass/Fail) from the Registrar’s Office by going to www.dal.ca and log on through your Dal Online account (go to Web for Students and Select Student Records).
Please Note: When uploading your university transcript to PRAMS you must upload both your Official Transcript containing Pass/Fail and your alpha/numeric grades.
After You Have Applied
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority-Central Zone (NSHA) & Horizon Health Network
- In-person interviews are required for both the Nova Scotia Health Authority - Central Zone (Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre) and Horizon Health Network (The Moncton Hospital and Saint John Regional Hospital). In-person interviews will take place Sunday, November 17, 2019 (storm date will be Sunday, November 24, 2019) at the College of Pharmacy, Dalhousie University, 5968 College Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Please Note: If you are selected for an interview with both Nova Scotia Health Authority-Central Zone and Horizon Health Network, you will not be double booked as schedules are coordinated together.
IWK Health Centre
- Interviews for the IWK Health Centre will take place Thursday, November 14, 2019, and Friday, November 15, 2019.
- In-person interviews are preferred but other arrangements can be made.
Accepted applicants to a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program (NSHA-Central Zone, Horizon Health Network, IWK Health Centre) affiliated with Dalhousie College of Pharmacy will be required to register in the Post-Graduate Pharmacy Program and pay tuition. Payment is made in two installments, one for the Fall and one for the Winter sessions.
Applicants who are successful in obtaining a residency position must submit an official transcript upon acceptance.
Please visit the following link for more details:
Select: your citizenship
Type of Program: Graduate
Program Course of Study: Pharmacy-Post Graduate (PGP)