- The start date for the 2022-2023 program year is to be announced.
Join us on Thursday, September 9, 2021, from 4:00-6:00 pm, using an online meeting platform to connect with representatives from our residency programs. A short presentation will be provided by each residency site (Nova Scotia Health Central Zone, Horizon Health Network: The Moncton Hospital & Saint John Regional Hospital and IWK Health Centre).
Pre-registration for this event is required. All registrants will be sent an online meeting link on the day of the event.
Please pre-register using this Eventbrite link:
Hands-on Hospital Experience
Whether you’re a practicing pharmacist or a student enrolled in your final year of an entry to practice pharmacy degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD), you may want to consider gaining practical hospital experience with a 12-month hospital pharmacy residency.
Using structured rotations through various areas of pharmacy practice, the program aims to develop residents into highly qualified pharmacists with an exemplary level of patient care and practice abilities. The program starts in June of each year.
The purpose of a hospital pharmacy residency program is to:
· provide a practical learning environment and practitioner role models
· help residents in the development of the necessary skills, knowledge and values required to be a hospital pharmacist
· develop competent and progressive pharmacy practitioners
· encourage future leaders in the profession
In affiliation with Dalhousie’s College of Pharmacy, successful applicants will complete their residency at one of the following hospitals:
· Nova Scotia Health - Central Zone, Halifax NS (formerly Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre
· The Moncton Hospital (Horizon Health Network, Moncton NB)
· Saint John Regional Hospital (Horizon Health Network, Saint John NB)
· IWK Health Centre (Halifax NS) (Accreditation by CPRB Pending)
Each hospital residency program is accredited by the CPRB.
· A stipend is provided for a full-time 12-month residency period. This includes a two-week vacation period.
· A certificate is awarded by the College of Pharmacy, Dalhousie University, upon the successful completion of the program.
· Graduates receive the ACPR (Accredited Canadian Pharmacy Resident) professional designation from CPRB upon successful completion of the program.
· Find out about Industrial Pharmacy Residency Programs in Canada.