Instructor; Academic Coordinator, Disability Management Certificate Program
- BSc (OT), Dalhousie University
- Workplace health and wellness, accommodations, policy development, return-to-work;
- Occupational health self-management interventions;
- Workplace mental health/psychological health and safety.
- Certificate in Disability Management Program Coordinator and Instructor
- Karen has had various roles at the Dalhousie School of Occupational Therapy since 2012, as a Tutor, T.A and preceptor. Karen has been a member of the WorkSafe@Dal project team since its inception.
- College of Occupational Therapists of Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotia Society of Occupational Therapists
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists
Since 2000, Karen has fostered a generalist approach to Occupational Therapy practice, working in traditional hospital, community and clinical settings as well as in innovative areas of private practice (including but not limited to, home accessibility/modifications, seating and mobility assessment and prescription, cognitive assessment, stroke rehabilitation, future care costs analysis, Disability Case Management and Medical-Legal consulting), Karen is also a Certified Function Capacity Evaluation (FCE) Assessor. She has served as Disability Management Consultant/ Health and Wellness Advisor in the unionized environment of a prominent Canadian telecommunications company. Additionally, she has conducted ‘Fit to Drive’ evaluation and intervention. She has also worked as part of an inter-professional team conducting capacity evaluations for individuals who have sustained traumatic brain injury.
- Medical-legal consulting
- Polytraumatic and catastrophic injury case management
- Cognitive and physical functional abilities evaluation