News» Go to news main
Play Ball! Join the new Faculty of Health Coed Summer Softball Team
Looking for a way to get more exercise, meet others from across campus and have some fun? The Faculty of Health is putting together a coed softball team comprised of players from all of our Schools and units. The new team (The Health’s Angels) will join Dalhousie's Bruce Moore Memorial Softball League this spring. Games typically begin the week after Victoria Day weekend, through to the August playoffs and are held at Gorsebrook and St. Francis Fields (behind the IWK).
All skill levels and abilities are welcome! The only requirements are that you are a) affiliated with Dalhousie (staff, faculty, student or alumni) and b) have a love of the game!
In addition, we are putting out the call for a dedicated supporters group who would like to get out for a noontime walk each week through the summer to cheer on the Angels. We are also searching for a Coach to provided some guidance and direction to the new team, and handle some of the administrative details around registration, liaison with other coaches, sending calendar invites to games, etc. (we in Communications can help with that!)
If you are interested in joining the new Dal Health softball team or you have any questions, e-mail Dawn Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the Dalhousie summer softball league, including a full list of league rules, can be found here: https://athletics.dal.ca/intramurals-clubs/intramural_leagues/Softball.html
- Global News Covers Upcoming Basic Income Mini Conference
- Basic Income Nova Scotia Miniconference coming April 27
- The story behind Canada's controversial food guide
- A drug to prevent 1 in 5 deaths? It's called 'food'
- Myles O'Brien wins Level 2 Killam Predoctoral Scholarship and a Dalhousie President's Award
- Early intervention for tiny ears
- Simulated patient program provides students with real life clinical experience
- The Problem with Pop