News» Go to news main
Play Ball! Join the new Faculty of Health Coed Summer Softball Team
Looking for a way to get more exercise, meet others from across campus and have some fun? The Faculty of Health is putting together a coed softball team comprised of players from all of our Schools and units. The new team (The Health’s Angels) will join Dalhousie's Bruce Moore Memorial Softball League this spring. Games typically begin the week after Victoria Day weekend, through to the August playoffs and are held at Gorsebrook and St. Francis Fields (behind the IWK).
All skill levels and abilities are welcome! The only requirements are that you are a) affiliated with Dalhousie (staff, faculty, student or alumni) and b) have a love of the game!
In addition, we are putting out the call for a dedicated supporters group who would like to get out for a noontime walk each week through the summer to cheer on the Angels. We are also searching for a Coach to provided some guidance and direction to the new team, and handle some of the administrative details around registration, liaison with other coaches, sending calendar invites to games, etc. (we in Communications can help with that!)
If you are interested in joining the new Dal Health softball team or you have any questions, e-mail Dawn Morrison. More information about the Dalhousie summer softball league, including a full list of league rules, can be found here: https://athletics.dal.ca/intramurals-clubs/intramural_leagues/Softball.html
- L’nu Nursing Initiative lead Dawn Googoo on supporting Indigenous nursing students
- Student‑led Crossroads conference returns in person in March
- BSW student Olugu Ukpai leads non‑profit organization in Africa
- Dal Hearing Aid Assistance Program receives Lions Club donation
- HAHP’s new Recreation Library encourages collaboration
- Memorial fund honours Pharmacy’s Dr. Pat Farmer
- Congratulations to Dal Health’s 2022 award winners
- Creating healthier cities