The Division of Kinesiology in the School of Health and Human Performance held their first VIP event on Saturday, February 16, 2019. The event was a chance to showcase research being done in the Kinesiology labs and to foreshadow some of the renovations that will take place.
Attendees were treated to refreshments and a walking tour of the labs with four demonstrations by faculty members, Heather Neyedli, Assistant Professor; Michelle Stone, Assistant Professor; Dan Stevens, Instructor; Ryan Frayne, Instructor, and Derek Kimmerly, Associate Professor.
Several of our students assisted with the tours and Division Head, Derek Kimmerly outlined plans for the future of the labs. Afterwards, our VIP’s were invited to attend two varsity games where our women’s and men’s basketball teams played host to the University of New Brunswick Reds.
Our VIP’s attended included:
- Teri Balser, Provost and Vice-President Academic
- Shaun Boe - Associate Professor, Acting Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Health, Faculty Coordinator, PhD in Health
- Phil Campagna - Retired Faculty, Kinesiology
- Brendan Clinton, Courtney Nickerson - MEND/RX
- Susan Comeau Stender - Kinesiology Alumnus
- Catherine Droesbeck - Physical Activity Coordinator, United Way Halifax
- Nicholas Giacomantonio, MD - Professor Division of Cardiology , Department of Medicine
- Tim Maloney - Director, Varsity Athletics
- Travis McDonough - Alumnus, CEO & Founder Kinduct
- Jim Vance - Retired public servant, Board member for Cardiac Cycling Society NS and the Pictou Country Trails Association.
- Recreation and Leisure Studies Showcase
- Kinesiology students receive competitive NSERC USRAs
- First Kinesiology VIP Event
- ACCESS ‑ a physical activity research program that supports cancer patients and survivors.
- Mental health front and centre at ECMAs
- Young goalie gets assist from prosthetic grip