The following are a number of the forms that you will need throughout your studies. The actual forms for download are listed at the bottom of the page.
Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Scheduling Form
For student who choose project or thesis, they should fill out the thesis defense/project presentation scheduling form. The form should be signed by committee members (3 for thesis/2 for project) and chair (moderator) of the defense. Chair (distinct from committee) is required for thesis only. The purpose is to confirm commitment of committee members to attend defense/presentation and to initiate public announcement of defense/presentation.
Submit with the new, Online Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Scheduling and Completion Form. This automated form merges the Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Scheduling and Completion forms into one.
or Download the paper form [PDF-61kB]
Master's Thesis Defence / Project Presentation Completion Form
Thesis/Project completion form should be signed by all committee members. It is the responsibility of the supervisor to submit the signed form to the graduate administrator when all corrections to thesis/project report are done. Purpose is to formally advise the graduate administrator when the student is done.
Download the form [PDF-61kB]
PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Scheduling Form
The main idea behind the research aptitude project is to enable the Ph.D. student to get a focus on research work and provide feedback to the student at an early stage in Ph.D. studies.
Submit with the new, Online PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Scheduling and Completion Form. This automated form merges the PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Scheduling and Completion forms into one.
or Download the paper form [PDF-66kB]
PhD Research Aptitude / Thesis Proposal Defense Completion Form
It is the responsibility of the supervisor to submit the signed form to the graduate administrator.
Download the form [PDF-61kB]
Program Update Form
If the courses you have listed on your program form do not match the course you have listed on your transcripts then you are required to fill out a program update form and submit it to the CS Admin Office (Room 106).
Progress reports are required from all thesis-based graduate students 11 months after the start of a new program, and annually thereafter.
The purpose of the progress report is to know how you are progressing on your research and that you have a plan for the upcoming year. It is best if you can discuss your progress and your goals with your supervisor before completing the progress report.
Once you submit your report, your supervisor and the graduate coordinator will be asked to provide their comments on the report. Either of them can return the report to you for further details or clarifications.
Important items on which to comment include:
- Any academic milestones that have been completed this past year
- Some key targets for the upcoming year, aiming for at least one per term
- The time when you are currently planning on graduating (can change over time)
- Any unexpected events in your research or program that are impacting your progress and how you are managing or mitigating these events
Detailed instructions are available on the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
Directed Studies Proposal Form
The Directed Studies must be approved by both the student's thesis supervisor, directed study supervisor, and the graduate coordinator. Once approved, the graduate office will open registration for the student on Banner. This process should be completed before the last date to add a course. The process to follow is:
- Student writes the content of the directed studies form with the following content, in a plain text (.txt) file:
- Short description of the course 150-300 words
- Set of milestones to be achieved, with dates
- Criteria for the evaluation of the outcome of the directed study
- Additional information:
Required text and resources, incl. a reading list
Learning outcomes from the directed study
- Student shares the form with his/her thesis supervisor and directed study supervisor (if different), receives feedback, and incorporates such feedback.
- Student submits the final form to the Online Directed Studies Proposal Form or Download the paper form [PDF-20kB].
- The thesis and directed study supervisor and graduate coordinator will receive an email requesting approval.
- Once approved, the graduate office will open the registration for the student on Banner.
- This process should be completed before the end of the first week of classes in the term.
- Directed studies report must be completed and submitted to the directed studies supervisor by the last day of classes of the term and a letter grade must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and to the graduate coordinator 7 days after the last day of exam of the term.
Supervisor Selection Form
All students who are selecting or changing research supervisors should fill out supervisor selection form.
Download the form [PDF-20kB]
Desk, PED and Card Form
If you need to obtain an access card, desk, ped and a computer for research work, fill out an Access Request Form on the Help Desk Website.
For other forms such as notice of academic appeal, add/drop, reassessment of final grade, intention to graduate, and letter of permission, please and download from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the Registrar’s Office.
> Next: Academic Integrity