Innovative and Pragmatic
We emphasize practical learning, cutting edge research opportunities and access to advanced technology for every student. The Department of Engineering features hands-on labs and experiments giving you exceptional exposure to facilities and interaction with faculty members. Our faculty are dedicated to helping you receive a strong engineering and science background for your future career and study.
We pride ourselves in providing:
- Smaller class sizes, allowing for a better student/faculty ratio
- A multi-cultural environment thriving on diversity of staff and students
- Year-round opportunities to be involved with research projects during your studies
- Collaborative work with undergraduate and graduate students, staff and faculty
- Full access to state-of-the-art, world-class bioenvironmental engineering facilities
- Full access to both metal and wood workshops
- Community feel - get to know your faculty and staff personally
The best of both worlds
Having a difficult time deciding between the excitement of the city or the comfort of a smaller town? You can do both. You can take the equivilent of the first two years of your undergraduate Engineering degree at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro and then move on to the Faculty of Engineering on Dal's Halifax campus to finish your studies.
Visit the Agricultural Campus to explore our unique campus.