Learn about the procedure for moving in to your residence
One of the most exciting parts of arriving at Dal is moving into your residence. For many of you, this will be the first time you'll be seeing your new living space.
Move-in Instructions - Sept. 1, 2018
Most of our residences have their own unique move-in process. Select your residence below to find information about when and how to move in to your residence:
- Gerard Hall [PDF - 729 KB]
- Glengary Apartments [PDF - 758 KB]
- Grad House [PDF - 583 KB]
- Howe Hall: Bronson House [PDF - 440 KB]
- Howe Hall: Smith House [PDF - 636 KB]
- Howe Hall: Fountain House [PDF - 460 KB]
- Howe Hall: Studley House [PDF - 237 KB]
- Howe Hall: Cameron House [PDF - 381 KB]
- Howe Hall: Henderson House [PDF - 443 KB]
- LeMarchant Place [PDF - 534 KB]
- Mini Res [PDF - 900 KB]
- Risley Hall: Floors 1,2,3 [PDF - 402 KB]
- Risley Hall: Floors 4,5,6 [PDF - 371 KB]
- Shirreff Hall: Newcombe & The Annex [PDF - 391 KB]
- Shirreff Hall: Old Eddy & New Eddy [PDF - 387 KB]
- Move-in day can be extremely busy. Be prepared.
- If you are unable to check in on your designated date, please contact the Residence Office.
- A driver must remain with your vehicle while it is being unloaded.
- Please do not leave your vehicle running. Exhaust fumes will build up quickly.
- Read Rules & Responsibilities before arriving.
Please note: Howe Hall, Shirreff Hall, Risley Hall, Gerard Hall, and Mini-Residence houses will be alcohol-free for the duration of the 2018 Orientation Week, until September 10, 2018. Students and their guests are not permitted to consume or be in possession of alcohol within those residence buildings during that time.