Learn about the procedure for moving in to your residence
One of the most exciting parts of arriving at Dal is moving into your residence. For many of you, this will be the first time you'll be seeing your new living space.
Move-in Instructions 2019
Most of our residences have their own unique move-in process. Download yours and take them with you to make your move in easy and stress-free!
- Glengary Apartments [PDF - 268KB]
- Grad House [PDF - 267KB]
- Gerard Hall [PDF - 267KB]
- Howe Hall - Studley House [PDF - 274KB]
- Howe Hall - Bronson House [PDF - 286KB]
- Howe Hall - Cameron House [PDF - 287KB]
- Howe Hall - Fountain House [PDF - 311KB]
- Howe Hall - Henderson House [PDF - 286KB]
- Howe Hall - Smith House [PDF - 241KB]
- LeMarchant Place [PDF - 274KB]
- Mini Res [PDF - 265KB]
- Risley Hall - Floors 1 to 3 [PDF - 317KB]
- Risley Hall - Floors 4 to 6 [PDF - 317KB]
- Shirreff - Newcombe & The Annex [PDF - 295KB]
- Shirreff - Old Eddy & New Eddy [PDF - 298KB]
- Move-in day can be extremely busy. Be prepared.
- If you are unable to check in on your designated date, please contact the Residence Office.
- A driver must remain with your vehicle while it is being unloaded.
- Please do not leave your vehicle running. Exhaust fumes will build up quickly.
- Read Rules & Responsibilities before arriving.
Please note: Howe Hall, Shirreff Hall, Risley Hall, Gerard Hall, and Mini-Residence houses will be substance-free for the duration of the 2019 Orientation Week, until September 9, 2019. Students and their guests are not permitted to consume or be in possession of alcohol or recreational cannabis within those residence buildings during that time.