Learn about the procedure for moving in to your residence
One of the most exciting parts of arriving at Dal is moving into your residence. For many of you, this will be the first time you'll be seeing your new living space.
Move-in Instructions: Fall 2022
Most of our residences have their own unique move-in process. Download yours and take them with you to make your move in easy and stress-free!
- Gerard Hall [PDF]
- Glengary Apartments [PDF]
- Grad House [PDF]
- Howe Hall - Cameron, Henderson & Studley Houses [PDF]
- Howe Hall - Bronson, Smith & Fountain Houses [PDF]
- LeMarchant Place [PDF]
- Mini Res [PDF]
- Risley Hall [PDF]
- Shirreff Hall [PDF]
- Move in is by appointment only and will be conducted between Thursday, Sept. 1, and Saturday, Sept. 3. Check you Dal email for your invitation to complete your Before You Arrive module and to schedule your move-in time.
- If you are unable to check in on your designated date, please contact the Residence Office.
- A driver must remain with your vehicle while it is being unloaded.
- Please do not leave your vehicle running. Exhaust fumes will build up quickly.
- Read Rules & Responsibilities before arriving.
- The first meal available in the dining halls will be on Saturday, Sept. 3, at dinner (starting at 4:30 p.m.)
- Early move-in for international students will be available starting on Friday, Aug. 26.
- This must be requested via the Residence Application hub, on the Early Arrival Requests page.
- International students who submitted their DalCard photo prior to Wednesday, Aug. 24 will have their card waiting for them at their residence front desk. Those who submitted their photo after this date will need to pick up their card at the DalCard Office at 6230 Coburg Road.
Substance Use in Residence
Please note: The possession or consumption of alcohol and cannabis are not allowed in residence until Sept. 26, 2022. Anyone with a prescription for medical-use cannabis should contact us immediately.