Get Your DalCard
DalCard is an essential part of campus life
DalCard is your official Dalhousie ID, your library card, a debit card for select goods and services, your dining hall pass, and—for many students on our Halifax campus—your access card for locations around campus, including your residence. Be sure your DalCard is ready when you arrive by submitting your photo and depositing funds online.
Send in your photo so your DalCard will be ready and waiting
More than 10,000 DalCards are produced each September. New students can save time and avoid long lines by submitting a photo ahead of time. Upload your DalCard photo now.
Pick up your DalCard
If the photo that you submit has been approved, your DalCard will be ready for you to pick up at the following locations:
- Halifax Campus - the front desk of your residence when you arrive
- Agricultural Campus - you will receive your DalCard with your keys in your residence
Make a deposit on your DalCard
Money on your DalCard can be used for books, meals, and even laundry and printing services. And, best of all, every time you use your DalCard at the Bookstore and other participating vendors, you'll get 5% of the value of your purchase back on your card. Learn more at DalCard Explained.
Here are three simple ways to put money on your DalCard:
- Online: See Make a Deposit.
- In person: Halifax - the DalCard office or several other locations on campus. Truro - the MacRae library and the Bookstore in the Cox building.
- By phone: Call us at (902) 494-2334 or toll free at 1-855-376-0330 with your credit card information. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Amex.
Parents: You can make a deposit online, too!
Want to help your student buy books or give them some extra money to eat out? You can deposit money directly onto your student's DalCard. It's easy to do. All you need is your student's Dal ID number (B00xxxxxx) and date of birth. Visit Parental Deposit to begin.