Be Part of the Dal Community
Even if you live off-campus, there are many ways in which you can be an active part of the Dalhousie community! There are too many ways to list them all but here are a few:
- Attend Orientation. Hosted by the Dalhousie Student Success Centre at the Agricultural Campus, Orientation provides an opportunity for you to attend social events and information sessions starting in the summer. All of the information and event dates will be posted on the DAC orientation website, so stay tuned for upcoming updates.
- While our diverse and inclusive campuses are welcoming to everyone, you can also find resources and support services tailored to specific communities at Dal. We encourage you to reach out and get involved with different communities! Click here to learn more about Communities on Campus
- Connect with your classmates and create your community through the Together@Dal program. Register and learn more about this unique program.
- Interact on DalMobile. It is a convenient app where you can interact with other students, find various resources and social engagement opportunities. You can start making friends and building community before you get here by joining the Incoming Class of 2021-22 group. Learn more and download the DalMobile app.
- The Dalhousie Agricultural Students Association (DASA) has a wide variety of clubs and societies. There is something for everyone! Examples of clubs and societies include The Pre-Vet Society, Agrology Club, Judging Club and everything in between. During Orientation activities, DASA will hold a club and society fair to introduce you to all of the clubs available and if you would like to start a new club we welcome new club applications!.
- Be active through Dal Athletics. The Dalplex also offers students the opportunity to play recreational sport with a focus on getting active and having fun with friends. There are over 15 intramural teams and dozens of clubs to choose from and are a great way to find a new interest or develop your skills.
- Participate in Dal after Dark. This is a program for all students that hosts an array of events throughout the year, such as bubble soccer, silent discos and carnivals. Visit their website to learn more. You should also check out Aggies at Night. It is a student-run group that leads late-night, alcohol-free, on-campus activities (and some other events off campus). They're fun, free/low cost, and take place on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It's a great opportunity to socialize, make new friends, and be active. Schedules will be posted on the bulletin board inside Jenkins Hall and in residence Facebook groups.