What is Together@Dal?
Together@Dal is a program for new students that provides a great way for you to meet other students, develop a sense of academic belonging and become connected to the university community before and during your first semester. You will also:
- Be paired with an upper-year mentor who will help answer any questions you may have about student life at Dalhousie
- Make new friends!
- Learn more about the academic realities of your specific department/major
- Attend fun, social events to help you feel part of the Dalhousie community
- Learn how to navigate the university experience with other new students
- Learn about the supports and resources available to you as a student
Together@Dal is FREE to all new students!
Graduate student? Visit the Together@Dal Grad Edition site!
Benefits of the Together@Dal program
- Students who have participated in Together@Dal report feeling more valued and indicate feeling more connected to the Dalhousie community than students who didn’t participate
- Students who have participated in Together@Dal were more likely to return to year two of their program, and had a higher first year GPA than students who didn’t participate
- Students can start building their Co-curricular Record, a document that records your volunteer and extra-curricular activities
Want to Be an Upper-Year Student Mentor?
Applications to become an upper-year mentor are also now open! For more infromation, including mentor responsibilities, qualifications, and application details, visit the Together@Dal Mentorship webpage.
Check out what previous students had to say!
- Together@Dal "exposed me to the realities of my major and program from a student perspective"
- "It provided a safe space to be myself"
- "I learned about resources [and] academic support"
- "I met and connected with new people"
- "I valued the relationships with my mentors"